Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Last full day in Cape Town

Yesterday was our last full day in Cape Town. We went to a winery for a cellar tour and a tasting. I am sold on South African wine. I had had some previous to this trip and liked it but obviously have had plenty while here and I am a believer.

Recommendations include: 2011 Neil Ellis Sauvignon Blanc, 2010 Newton Johnson Sauvignon Blanc, 2011 Fleur du Cap Sauvignon Blanc, and 2010 Groot Constantia Semillon-Sauvignon Blanc (the last being of the winery we went to yesterday).

No, they don't make only sauvignon blancs here, that just happens to be something Mom and I agree on. All those bottles are between $8-$12. I can't imagine they're much more at home.

In the afternoon after the winery we went to the World of Birds, a large and impressively stocked bird sanctuary (and not just of birds, also emu, alpacas, monkeys, and various other small creatures). I took lots of pictures that will have to wait with all the others to get uploaded.

My goal for the flights today and tomorrow is to go through all the pictures, get rid of the hundreds of bad ones, and organize the small amount that remains so that I can upload them quickly when I get home. Then I will begin posting links to albums of specific things, so there will be a safari album, a Dakar album, a food album, etc.

This is my last post before getting on the plane so the next update will be stateside. (Hopefully, anyway -- who can say for sure that we won't spend a bonus 48 hours in Dakar again?)

No comments:

Post a Comment