Friday, December 9, 2011

Day nine

Every time I am ready to publish a post on this blog, I click on the preview button to be sure that when I do publish, the post looks how I expect it to look. Once I am happy with the preview, I click publish and voila.

Several hours ago I wrote a post about how our flight from Dakar to Johannesburg had been "delayed" 24 hours because the incoming flight from DC had been "delayed" (read: cancelled). Annoying, but just a small speed bump. The next plane had taken off, it would land, we would get on it, and everything would be dandy, just a day later than expected.

I clicked preview. Everything looked ready. Just need to click on publish, now. Where's that button...ah, there it is...

Ring ring. My hotel room telephone. Never a good thing to hear when you think everything is back on schedule. No one ever calls you to tell you things are going well.

Turns out the next plane had in fact not taken off. It was going to be at least a couple hours late. We'll know within two hours what the deal is.

Well that was 4 and a half hours ago. As you can see, I never clicked on publish on that first post. 

The flight that was to arrive this morning and pick us up has been cancelled. According to the flight tracker website, the flight that is to arrive tomorrow has also been cancelled already, but who knows what's true. So we're heading down to breakfast to see if there's any news and to ponder. 

At this rate all the animals we're hoping to see on safari will have evolved by the time we get there. I hope I can still recognize at least some of them.

Thank you to everyone who has sent me well wishes for the trip and encouragement about the whole blogging thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment